As you are starting to plan your summer travels, might as well think about taking your pet cat with you. However, it’s not going to be an easy preparation. Getting an airplane ticket for yourself is easy while getting your cats tickets may take a little more planning.
Airlines have federal rules to follow when it comes to pet air travel. These guidelines and restrictions may cause you some headache and frustrations. You just have to bear in mind that they have been put in place for your pet’s safety.
To help you prepare, try to follow this checklist for a much comfortable and safer trip:
1) Health check
– Make sure that you have updated the vaccinations of your cats.
– Make sure she has the suitable protection against heart worm. This is important especially if you’ll be visiting an area where mosquitoes overly populate.
2) Stuffing-up for your cats
– You must carry with you the all the necessary certificates and health proof of your pets all the time. Surely, you’ll be required to show those papers along with your cats once you will carry them on board.
– Don’t forget to prepare water for your cats, as well as the food bowl. Also, be sure to include in the pack all necessary equipments like grooming stuffs and medicines (particularly for heartworm). It’s also better to take a supply of the regular food they eat so that digestive problems may not likely happen. You are not certain that their cat food is available at your destination so it’s always better to be prepared. Read the rest of this entry »